Gulf Stream Search is an executive search firm whose customer base is made up of companies within the Food & Nutraceutical Manufacturing industries – we work closely with companies to identify, assess, and capture top talent for their strategic, high-impact roles in their organization.
We’re working with one of our privately held customers to help them identify a Corporate Food Safety Leader who’ll be responsible for reducing and/or eliminating food safety risk(s) at each of the company’s manufacturing facilities throughout the US.
The individual selected for this role will report directly into the VP of Technical Services; The Corporate Food Safety Manager is responsible for establishing an effective communication and reporting channel across all levels of the organization.
In this high-impact role, you’ll be responsible for
Mentoring and “training up” a team of Food Safety Managers and associates within the organization – teaming with Human Resources and Plant Management to hire for technical, cultural, and leadership fit.
Lead all initiatives related to the SQF program and work with Corporate QA team to ensure that company and all operations are in full SQF compliance.
Lead environmental and testing metrics process for all locations.
Assure microbial programs are implemented, routinely assessed, tweaked and well maintained. This includes environmental monitoring and pathogen testing.
Devise and articulate Food Safety and QA protocols to each level of the organization; work seamlessly with Plant Leadership to assure communication channels are maintains and nothing “falls through the cracks”, including areas of focus including HACCP, Pest Control, and Sanitation.
Recruit, develop, train, hold accountable, and mentor a Food Safety and Quality Assurance team at multiple nationwide facilities.
Maintaining the company’s reputation and position within their industry as it relates to food safety and consumer protection.
Drive corporate food safety culture by establishing close working relationships and partnerships with Maintenance, Engineering, and Operations personnel.
The type of background that will allow you to hit the ground running
• Corporate Quality Assurance and Food Safety experience – multi-facility oversight of Food Safety ideal but not required
• 3+ years management experience within the food processing / food manufacturing industry
• Masters in Food Science / Chemistry / Microbiology / Food Technology highly desired; a Bachelors Degree and continuing education plus additional years of commercial experience within a food manufacturing / processing environment is acceptable in the absence of a Masters Degree.
• Experience and success operating within a matrix reporting structure
• Strong background and familiarity with current Regulatory Affairs, Sanitation, and QA / Food Safety protocols and regulations within food manufacturing – oversee FDA FSMA programs and oversee company’s GMP practices.
The company is based in Utah– the location is a highly desirable area with low population density, year-round outdoor activities, and a cost of living that annually ranks 10-20% below national average.
The company will assist with relocation expenses.
The company has given us wide berth in targeting individuals at varying levels of compensation – company is privately held, generates 3-500 million in revenue annually in a low to mid high margin, highly competitive industry where technical expertise is at a premium.
Gulf Stream Search